Updated May 25, 2023:
At a pre-hearing conference on May 11, 2023, a panel of the Discipline Committeegranted the registrant’s request for an adjournment of the hearing that was set for May 29 to June 6, 2023.
A new date for the hearing has been set. The hearing is now scheduled for Monday, September 25 to Friday, September 29, 2023 and Tuesday October 3 to Friday October 6. The hearing will be held by video conference. An updated citation reflecting the new dates has been posted.
Dr. Nawrot holds registration with the BC College of Oral Health Professionals (BCCOHP) as a practising dentist.
BCCOHP’s Inquiry Committee has directed a citation for a disciplinary hearing to inquire into Dr. Nawrot’s conduct and competence as a dentist.
BCCOHP’s allegations include that Dr. Nawrot:
- Provided treatment without performing or recording the necessary diagnostic testing to support a proper diagnosis and treatment plan
- Failed to adequately maintain patient records
- Failed to obtain and/or document informed consent
- Provided unnecessary and/or excessive restorative treatment
- Billed for treatment when the need for the treatment is not supported by the records
- Failed to respond in a timely manner, or at all, to the regulator about patient complaints.
This is a summary only; please refer to the citation below for full details of BCCOHP’s allegations against Dr. Nawrot:
Citation: Dr. Kyle Nawrot (Oct. 20, 2022, amended May 26, 2023)
The discipline hearing will be conducted by a panel of the Discipline Committee under section 38 of the Health Professions Act and is open to the public.
Date and location of hearing
The hearing is scheduled to begin on Monday, September 25 to Friday, September 29, continuing from Tuesday October 3 to Friday October 6. The hearing will take place by video conference (Microsoft Teams).
Hearings are open to the public. Anyone interested in attending as an observer is asked to contact the Registrar’s Office at email@example.com.
Please note that disciplinary hearings will not proceed if they are resolved in advance of the scheduled hearing date.
The bylaws of the BC College of Oral Health Professionals require public notice of citations issued under section 37 (1) of the Health Professions Act.