Dr. Mahsa Farshchi is registered with the College of Dental Surgeons of BC as a general dentist.
Dr. Farshchi has signed two Memorandums of Agreement and Undertaking (MAU) with the College. The first MAU acknowledges ethical concerns with respect to her billing, and the second acknowledges concerns related to recordkeeping, informed consent protocols, diagnosis and treatment planning as it relates to prosthodontics, prosthodontic treatment, radiographic (X-ray) interpretation, billing and advertising and promotional activities.
The MAUs direct that Dr. Farshchi:
- Complete an educational program to enhance the areas of concern listed above
- Successfully complete a problem-based ethics course
- Successfully complete CDSBC’s More Tough Topics in Dentistry and Dental Recordkeeping courses
- Enter into a mentorship agreement with a mentor acceptable to the College
- Undergo a chart review and monitoring
- Enroll in a hands-on prosthodontics study club
- Have a limitation on her practice to cease providing prosthodontic treatment (except under the supervision of a mentor or as part of the prosthodontic study club)
This limitation on Dr. Farshchi’s practice will be included on the College’s public register (online Registrant Lookup), and will remain in force until the mentor reports to CDSBC that Dr. Farshchi’s prosthodontic dentistry meets the expected standard.
The Inquiry Committee determined this to be a serious matter under the Health Professions Act (section 39.3).
View Dr. Farshchi’s MAUs (PDF).