Dr. Zahra Davami is a general dentist who formerly practised in Burnaby. She resigned from the practice of dentistry as of June 16, 2017. She has not applied for reinstatement.
Following an investigation by CDSBC, the Inquiry Committee directed that a citation (notice of hearing) be issued against Dr. Davami. A discipline hearing in Vancouver had been scheduled for July 23 to 26 2018. The discipline hearing was cancelled when Dr. Davami made admissions and proposed a resolution under section 37.1 of the Health Professions Act (HPA).
Admissions and Resolution
Dr. Davami has admitted to professional misconduct with respect to a number of patients in that she failed to exercise reasonable care, skill and judgment in the provision of dental treatment, and specifically with respect to diagnosis, treatment and recordkeeping.
A panel of the Inquiry Committee received and considered Dr. Davami’s proposal and orders:
- Dr. Davami pay $2,000 to CDSBC towards the costs of the investigation and hearing preparation.
- Dr. Davami remains resigned from the practice of dentistry effective June 16, 2017.
- If she applies for reinstatement to practise dentistry:
- Her application will be addressed by the Registration Committee; and
- In addition to any requirements, limits or conditions imposed or requested by the Registration Committee, her practice may be subject to an education and/or monitoring program.
This is a summary of the consent order approved by the Inquiry Committee on July 18, 2018. Full details are available in the consent order (PDF), which attaches Dr. Davami’s consent order proposal and admissions.