Certified Dental Assistant Certification and Renewal

Certified dental assistants must be certified with the BC College of Oral Health Professionals in order to practise in BC.

Information about the services that CDAs are authorized to provide is contained in BCCOHP Bylaws and in BCCOHP’s Guide to CDA Services (PDF).

Annual renewal is now open. You can renew your certification with the BC College of Oral Health Professionals and submit payment by logging in to your account.

Note: The Guide to CDA Services was updated in September 2018 to clarify which services can be performed by CDAs. This document is being reviewed in light of amalgamation.

Use the tabs below to find out more about applying for initial certification in BC, or to renew your certification.

First-time applications

Learn how to apply for initial certification as a CDA.

Annual Renewal

Learn more about annual renewal for CDAs.

CDA certification classes

Learn more about the different CDA certification classes

Certification resources

Here you can find information on changing to another certification class, reinstating, coming from another province, returning to practice, dental assisting schools in BC and other topics not covered by the previous tabs.