Denturist Corporations

A Denturist may incorporate their practice as a health profession corporation under Part 4 of the Health Professions Act and BCCOHP’s bylaws.  A health profession corporation may not carry on business unless it holds a valid Health Professions Corporation permit from the BC College of Oral Health Professionals.

Download HPC Permit Application | Download the HPC Permit Renewal Form



Review BCCOHP bylaw 14.05(3) (pages 125-131) for the Health Profession Corporation naming requirements.

Complete the Application for Approval of Health Profession Corporation Name (PDF) and mail it or use our contact form. Note that the name must comply with the naming requirements outlined in the BCCOHP bylaws.

Please note that processing time may vary; it may take up to six weeks for your application to be processed.

Once you receive name approval from BCCOHP, apply to the BC Corporate Registry for consent to incorporate.  

Mail all completed forms, a “true copy” of the Certificate of Incorporation stamped with a notary seal, and the $50 application fee payable to the BC College of Oral Health Professionals by cheque or money order.


Payment can be made by cheque or money order.

Please allow six weeks for your application to be processed.

Amalgamating health profession corporations

I’m amalgamating health profession corporations. Do I need a new permit?

Yes. All health profession corporations must be considered “in good standing” under the Business Corporations Act to hold a valid permit, as per BCCOHP Bylaws.

Once your corporation is amalgamated, its predecessor corporations will no longer exist. Therefore, the predecessor corporations are not considered in good standing, and the amalgamated corporation will require a new permit.

How can I get a permit for my amalgamated health profession corporation?

  • If the name of the amalgamated corporation is the same as one of the predecessor corporations that has received BCCOHP approval, you must complete the items listed in Step 4 above.
  • If the name of your amalgamated corporation will be different than the predecessor corporations, you must complete Steps 1 to 4 above.

    Note: Once a permit for the amalgamated corporation has been issued, the permits for the predecessor corporations will be cancelled immediately.

Apply for a health profession corporation name change

How do I change the name of my health profession corporation?

Complete and submit a name change application (outlined in Step 1, above) and pay the $50 application fee.



Get in touch using our contact form or phone us at 672-202-0448.