Annual Renewal - Dental Technicians

Registration renewal is available each year through BCCOHP’s secure self-service website. To access your registrant profile on our website, click the link at the top right-hand side of this webpage and log in using your registrant number or email address and password. If you have forgotten your password, please click on “Forgot Password” and a temporary password will be emailed to you at the email address we have on file.  When you sign in with your temporary password, the system will require you to set a new password that meets the security requirements.  

Registrants are reminded that it is their responsibility to ensure that all contact information, such as addresses, telephone numbers, email, and current workplace(s), are up to date and correct at all times. It is a bylaw requirement to provide a valid email address to the college. 

Please note that renewal notices are emailed out to all registrants in late January each year. If for some reason the College does not have a current email address for you, copies of the Renewal Application Forms will be made available on the website for download.  

The renewal deadline is March 31, and applications for renewal and payment of the renewal fees must be received by the College by this date. If applications and payment of all outstanding fees are not received by April 1st your name will be removed from the Register, and you will not be legally permitted to continue to practice dental technology in BC.  

If you are an RDT, please ensure that you have Professional Liability Insurance in place to avoid a delay in renewing your registration. 

NOTE: We have been advised that the Professional Liability Insurance coverage available through group policies such as the DTABC, expires at the end of January each year. This insurance must be maintained throughout your registration period and must not lapse during the year. 

Reinstatement of Registration

Former Dental Technician registrants may at any time apply for reinstatement. Specific requirements are set out in the College Bylaws. 

To request an application for reinstatement, please contact us.